« 上一篇主题 - 下一篇主题 »

bluery

不行啊,要是只为了学英语还可以,要为过级可难了,侧重点不一样。古墓对白里的文化太浓了

TombCrow

呵呵,不错,玩古墓,学英语,适合去考雅思!

TombCrow

昏倒~~
老外的解释:
The word ''gout'' is a part of the human body and it's not supposed to be good for people... let's say... over 40 years old. You are not supposed to run, jump or whatever because it's not good for you.

Lara made a sarcasric comment to Werner like ''Why don't you jump into the water and I have to do it? Do you have a problem with your gout?''

========

Gout is a painful disease that causes the bone joints like ankles and knees to swell, become enflamed. 'Playing up' is and English expression meaning to give trouble to, cause distress. So she is asking him, with sarcasm, if his Gout is causing him pain again.

james527

TombCrow

这两个家伙怎么这么喜欢耍嘴皮子??

Werner: You will catch your death in those clothes my dear. A quick sprint up that ladder will dry you out again.
Lara: Such concern. I never knew you cared.
Werner: Dear Lara, you are a valuable asset to the quest.
Lara: You old romantic, you.
Werner: Yes, quite.

大家商量一下什么意思啊

TombCrow

老外的解释
In the first example, Lara's clothes are wet. It is believed by some people that to stay in wet clothes, one will 'catch a chill'. That is, become ill with sneezes, a cough and a runny nose!  . In times past, it was of course risky to ones life to become ill in this way, and Verner is using another old expression in warning Lara that she will 'catch her death' (catch a chill and die).

In the second example you quote, Verner pays Lara a compliment, saying that she is a valuable person. This, as well as the first example, shows that Verner has a consideration for Lara, a caring for her. He sees her in a positive way. It is also the case that he has expressed his consideration of Lara a couple of times in such a brief period. Lara's response is again sarcastic, calling him an old romantic.

The second part of the conversation can be interpreted in another way, however. In Verner saying that Lara is a valuable asset to the quest (i.e. the mission at hand, currently underway), he is restricting his apparent compliment to that alone. In this way, Lara's response would then be dismissive of his 'compliment', mocking him by sarcastically (again) calling him an old romantic. In either event I don't think Lara is at all convinced of Verner's sincerity.

TombCrow

看来还是摆脱不了老外啊~~

rainbow

TombCrow

I have noticed that most of the dialogue in the Tomb Raider games is naturally very particular to England and English notions, with many old English sayings. I have often wondered how much of this is totally lost on non-native English speakers.

james527

rainbow

晕!我要买old sayings dictionary!!!

TombCrow

引用下面引用由rainbow2004/08/13 21:16 发表的内容: 晕!我要买old sayings dictionary!!!

我边译边编吧,呵呵

rainbow

好好好!只要你编得出。

TombCrow

Now it begins. The eyes of the ancients are upon us, and their vengeance is wrathful. We must move quickly! When running, press and hold Sprint to gain extra speed".

The eyes of the ancients are upon us, and their vengeance is wrathful.
是不是:那些早年死去的人(汗~~)还在看着我们,他们的报复是激烈的?

rainbow

我想是的......汗~~and their vengeance is wrathful最好解释成:他们将暴怒地复仇.