猛地打开页面
感觉很好啊
新形象 新感觉

smallmoon

恩,论坛改版得不错!

TombCrow

Life in the Day

Karima Adebibe
At the age of 20, Karima Adebibe has become the new face of Lara Croft, to coincide with the launch of the seventh Tomb Raider computer game. She lives in Bethnal Green, east London, with her mother, a French teacher.

My cat's my alarm clock. Just as the hand strikes 7 she's at my door, like clockwork. She's called Maleficent, after the wicked witch in Sleeping Beauty. My room's at the top of the house, and she's not heading back down again unless I'm in tow and promising to feed her. Mum's already up, so I'll join her for a cup of tea and a bowl of porridge before getting ready. If I've got a day of Lara Croft ahead of me, it's usually an early start, so I'll just throw on a T-shirt, my Lee jeans and a pair of Converses.

I won the 16-month contract to be the new Lara Croft back in December and, to be honest, I still can't believe I was chosen — over 1,000 girls auditioned for the role. I've been playing the Tomb Raider games since I was 10, so I knew all about Lara, which probably helped. She just embodies everything about a 21st-century girl that I like: she's smart, independent, tough, polished, attractive and very sexy. I love the fact she's got curves and the assets of a real woman. It's a welcome contrast to the modelling industry's obsession with being skinny.

In the last three months, everything's been a bit of a whirlwind, because I've been given a real taste of the things Lara's famous for. I've always been a bit of a tomboy, so getting the chance to do combat training with the British Army at Aldershot and semi-automatic weapon training in Hamburg has been amazing. Lara's signature guns are Desert Eagles — some of the most powerful handguns in the world — so I had to get to grips with how to hold them, let alone shoot with them. I've also squeezed in some helicopter stunt training and a crash course to get my motorcycle licence. Lara's got a shiny black Ducati Monster, so I can't wait to turn up to an event on it.

Then there's the other side of the Lara fantasy. She went to a public school in Scotland and is an expert in archeology. 

I left school at 16, so I'm not that academically minded, but I am creative. 
I got a place to study fashion at the Royal College of Printing, but halfway through the course I got scouted by a model agency, so I dropped it and got a part-time job at Topshop at Oxford Circus in London instead. I quit that to play Lara, but I still laugh when I think that one minute I was folding T-shirts, and the next I'm flying off to do TV interviews and seeing my face in newspapers and magazines everywhere.

The seventh Tomb Raider is launched this month, so the promotional schedule is pretty full-on now. I'll be attending lots of conventions, conferences, and trade shows like E3 — the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. It's another world, and no doubt I'll meet my fair share of gamers and geeks. I've already done my first mini-tour of the States and Canada, and am back and forth to Europe all the time. If I've got the day off, one of my favourite stomping grounds is Victoria Park Village. It's a stone's throw from where I live, and it's full of quaint boutiques and cafes, where I'll meet friends or one of my sisters for lunch. 

I have two older sisters — one's a doctor, the other's training to be a dentist. I was born here, but we went to live in Tangiers until I was seven. It's where my father's from, but when my parents separated we came back here with Mum, who was born here but whose father's Greek Cypriot and mother's Irish. We're quite a wonderful mixture, really.

I can speak Moroccan Arabic and French, but I'm not a patch on Lara, who is fluent in over half a dozen languages, and I've had to take elocution lessons so I can replicate Lara's perfect English. Sometimes when I'm putting on Lara's brown spandex top and neoprene shorts and trying to attach all her gadgets, I find myself reciting things like: "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain." It's quite surreal.

One of the things I was asked when I auditioned was whether I'd mind loads of guys ogling at me during photo calls. I'm quite prudish at heart, but that doesn't bother me at all. Role-playing Lara is actually quite empowering. My confidence has grown so much. And I love all the dressing up. In my teens I was really into the whole kitsch girl image — dyed black hair, red lipstick, leopard-print clothing. I'm a big fan of Bettie Page, the '50s pin-up. 

If I get back to Bethnal Green in time for dinner, I know Mum will have prepared something wholesome — often a Moroccan dish. One of my favourites is her meat with prunes, or her chicken tagine, with lemon and paprika. Mum's been a great support. She knows I'm capable of so many things, so that makes me happy. Some nights my sisters join us, which is great, because then dinner becomes a hot-blooded Mediterranean frenzy, with us talking over each other as the food is passed round. When our boyfriends come round, I'm sure they think it's a madhouse. When my boyfriend first saw me dressed up as Lara, his reaction was: "Oh my God! You're definitely going to attract some attention in that outfit." But he's proud of me; he trusts me.

By the end of the day, I'm usually exhausted and ready to go to bed. If the cat's about, I'll coax her in under my leopard-print duvet and drift off to 
sleep. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my contract ends, but this has been one hell of a dream job, and one hell of an adventure. I'm sure, like Lara, plenty more will follow.

The game Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend is out now.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17909-2142375,00.html