若你对这个游戏有爱,请敞开你的心,温柔对待每个和你一样爱这个游戏的人
若你只对自己有爱,那么请你自爱,我会同样祝你在这里玩得愉快

ilovelctr

引用自: 羽化蝉 于 2007 四月 08, 05:25:40
这是完整的TR作品的需求,而不是艺术家个人用色喜好的展示,美工唯一要做的只是为主题服务
那这句还要不? :dontknow:

ilovelctr

好了,我写好了,现在就发过去。
那句"这是完整的TR作品的需求,而不是艺术家个人用色喜好的展示,美工唯一要做的只是为主题服务。"中的"唯一"语气太重了,我改成了the most important。
整句话还是保留下来的。
我的翻译在下面,去官论也能看到,现在就发吧~~

Thank you for your replies. But perhaps you didn't catch my meaning exactly.

Never in my statement have I over-exacted a reversion to a "perfect Egypt". And never have I reseached that sort of problems such as how the gorgeous colors of the real Egypt fades, what a degree it fades to, or where can the gorgeous colors be seen. Returning to reality is a camerist's task, But the advice I've put forward here is to be given to art-designers, not camerists!

Meanwhile, I do not pay that much attention to the reality of games. The problem that I focus on is the disjointed parts between the color of the scenes in a game and the culture a game should present, because this problem will lead to the lack of sympathetic chords between gamers with a game, especially to those experienced gamers who have been playing this series from TR1, or those who care for the unique cultures in Tomb Raider and who take Tomb Raider as an art.

That's right. It's precisely because it is a game that I want it to be more attractive than the reality. For this sake, it'd better be an oil painting instead of a charcoal drawing! Each civilization and each area has its own symbolic art style, including the way and preference for using color. Only as far as the color of buildings is concerned, Chinese love red and gold, Greeks prefer offwhite, and people in Middle East favor green...These are relevant to all art-style, religious culture and construction materials. As for museums, from the Mesopotamia, the Egyptian Museum to the Persia Museum, you could find the visual impact that the colors do to your eyes very distinct.

For a game featuring cultures and ancient sites as its highlights, art design staff need to pay attention to all the art-features including the aspect of using colors, doing their best to vary and present definitely those various levels, various areas and various civilizations. This is what a complete TR game needs, but not a individual show on which the an artist exhibits his preference for using colors as much as he likes; the most important job that art-designers should do is to serve for the theme of a game.

Here I am just discoursing upon some pieces of advice that my friends have shared with me. Our common purpose lies in the following: All of us have been playing from TR1 to TR7, and all of us are interested in the ancient civilizations. The unique cultures in Tomb Raider are a key factor that attracts us to fall in love with this series of games, and we are fully confident in Crystal Dynamics' ability. What's more, English is not our native language. So, the reason I posted this topic so conscientiously and detailedly here is just beacause I want TRA to be more wonderful. I am looking forward to replies filled with specialized art and history knowledge but not a reminder such as "This is only a 'make-belive' game".

ilovelctr

晕死,看老外的回帖。 :BangHead:
这分明就是在诡辩 :bs: :crybaby2: ,我们说的是建筑,他偏说Scion和动物。 :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

引用more detail ...

we should probably assume that CD is capable of designing in glorious color (i.e. look at the Scion and monsters, etc.)
if they are not capable of designing with grand colors then there's no hope whatsoever ...

sooooo, assuming that they are capable of designing in color, as you would like, why do you think that they have chosen not to?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=67041

ilovelctr

我注了册,并且帮你说了一两句。 :thumbsup:

TombCrow

ilovelctr

说实话,我没看懂那人的意思。什么"如果"CD能把用色做好...... :icon_scratch: :sleepy5:

P.S.
不过得提醒各位,我们这样子也改变不了TRA,即使CD愿意做改动,也是给自己惹麻烦。
在这游戏发行在即的节骨眼上,他们不想再弄出一堆BUG来(改动就等于招惹BUG上身的机率会大大增加)。

羽化蝉

引用自: ilovelctr 于 2007 四月 08, 20:01:40
不过得提醒各位,我们这样子也改变不了TRA,即使CD愿意做改动,也是给自己惹麻烦。
在这游戏发行在即的节骨眼上,他们不想再弄出一堆BUG来(改动就等于招惹BUG上身的机率会大大增加)。
这不仅是对TRA的,CD的美工用色理念始终有问题,现在是,将来也会是
若你对这个网站有爱,请伸出你的手,尽力支持那些和你一样爱这个网站的人

羽化蝉

引用自: ilovelctr 于 2007 四月 08, 13:39:33
晕死,看老外的回帖。 :BangHead:
这分明就是在诡辩 :bs: :crybaby2: ,我们说的是建筑,他偏说Scion和动物。 :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
现在你们知道老外好白痴了吧!你问他:
我们在讨论场景的文明和艺术特征!Scion和动物与古迹的文明特征有什么关系,它们是壁画还是雕像呢?

ilovelctr

引用自: 羽化蝉 于 2007 四月 08, 20:09:34
这不仅是对TRA的,CD的美工用色理念始终有问题,现在是,将来也会是
恩~~
我主要是觉得那个壁画实在太不明显了,虽说他们在反映文化细节上确实有一手(秘鲁木乃伊)。
埃及的颜色我还没太大否认感(当然,确实不够"艳",但我估计这与他们的引擎也有关联,似乎他们只能做出比较"实在"的颜色),
但是我也确实觉得环境上缺了太多东西,
一眼望去就是一片暗黄。 :icon_scratch:

P.S.
willbe人真好,竟然答应送我《周年纪念》+《传说》。 :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:
你们这群"大人"啊,就是太不懂得与别人交心,发掘每个人的可爱之处。
我对他说他在贴吧言论有问题的时候,他就听得进去,嘿嘿,因为我没有训斥别人。 :tongue3:
有些事情只有"孩子"能够办到。 :laughing11: 哈哈~~

稍微打个岔,你们继续想想看怎么回吧~~
大家最好都注册一下,打团战,人家都说希望出现1,000 of us。 :laughing11:
别怕自己的英语说得不恰当什么的,如果说到词汇量,我绝对不如你们。 :glasses2:
同志们一起来,这样别人才会觉得并非只有我们这么想。

ilovelctr

引用自: 羽化蝉 于 2007 四月 08, 20:15:48
现在你们知道老外好白痴了吧!你问他:
我们在讨论场景的文明和艺术特征!Scion和动物与古迹的文明特征有什么关系,它们是壁画还是雕像呢?
好的,我去说。

羽化蝉

等等,那些死老外的话真难懂,让我先看一下

ilovelctr

引用自: 羽化蝉 于 2007 四月 08, 20:24:42
等等,那些死老外的话真难懂,让我先看一下
我还没回,他说的是assuming that的问题,可是问题是我们确实不满于TRA的色彩,哪来的"如果"之说。
感觉他这是在玩文字游戏。

羽化蝉

引用自: ilovelctr 于 2007 四月 08, 20:01:40
说实话,我没看懂那人的意思。什么"如果"CD能把用色做好...... :icon_scratch: :sleepy5:
我觉得他的意思是:
we should probably assume that CD is capable of designing in glorious color (i.e. look at the Scion and monsters, etc.)
if they are not capable of designing with grand colors then there's no hope whatsoever ...

sooooo, assuming that they are capable of designing in color, as you would like, why do you think that they have chosen not to?
我们不妨试想CD是有设计绚丽色彩的能力的(看看司祭盎和怪物等等)
如果他们连豪华色彩都没本事搞出来,那他们就要彻底挂了

所以,试想一下他们其实是有你所期待的那种色彩设计能力的,为什么你不认为其实是他们故意没有选择这种色彩方案?

所以他的意思是CD美工不是无能,而是他们一定有自己的见解故意把场景颜色搞成那种样子的。