建站第一步:黑暗天使中文对白(2003-7)

作者 TombCrow, 2006 三月 18, 23:32:50

« 上一篇主题 - 下一篇主题 »

TombCrow

2003年夏,《黑暗天使》的发售使Eidos官方论坛异常火爆。我当时刚强化了三四个月的法语,英语退化得差不多了,想想在国外论坛泡着,边玩游戏,边练英语,多美的事情。于是我选择了Eidos论坛作为据点,开始了在国外古墓论坛的潜水生涯。

当时我在一个国内的古墓论坛:古墓丽影专题站论坛倒不是潜水,而是灌水。当时有个玩家问起sys_error_d3d_create_device故障,我并不知道答案,于是在Eidos注册了一个帐号,在技术论坛发了一贴,帮他求助。这是我在Eidos发的第一贴。这一贴让我开始留意起黑暗天使技术论坛的信息,看到了不少技术性故障和解决方案。我在Eidos偷学经验,有时候也与一些国外玩家交流,然后转达到了国内的古墓丽影专题站论坛。

在Eidos论坛的第二贴,对我来说,意义非同寻常。可以说这一贴最终催生了现在的古墓丽影中文站。

一位署名Chaser的玩家,被卡在了Boaz Returns这一关。他发贴求助,希望得到打败Boaz以后的存档。

引用Hey, guys and gals!! Try as I may, and I think I've read all the threads about how to defeat Boaz, I just cannot seem to get it all together. This is the first level that has defeated me, durn it all !!

Would someone be so kind as to send me a Savegame for the level just after Boaz Returns, please? Seriously, I've tried for two days now to get past that level, and it is just ruining my game fun......  If there is a kind soul out there who has the Savegame I'm looking for, would you please send it to
(TombCrow:在此隐去其Email地址)?

Many thanks !!!

6分钟以后,我回复了他的帖子,并且给他把存档发了过去。Chaser兴奋异常,不仅在论坛上道谢,还专门发了邮件又向我说谢谢。之后大批玩家都跟贴索要这个存档,Chaser来者不拒,并开始大力推销我的存档。

引用Hello all !! I'd be happy to send you the savegame that was sent to me this morning. To make life easier for me, please just send me an Email requesting it, and I'll send it to you right away. It's a GREAT savegame, because it was saved right after killing Boaz, and so you still get to see the next cutscene and all.

Anyway, just fire me off an Email, and it will be yours. Happy AODing, all...

以他在论坛上的表现,我觉得这是一个相当热心的玩家。我试着给他发了一封邮件,就黑暗天使中我所不明白的台词向他询问。

引用Hi,Chaser!
I'm sorry to trouble you, but I really need your help.
Well,English is not my native language,so when I play AOD,there are some sentences I can't understand.

First,at the beginning of the game,Werner asked Lara to help him,he said he is looking for five Obscura paintings for Eckhardt,but Eckhardt is what? I can't quite catch the word!help!
Then Lara asked,"Why should I can?"What did Werner say then? And what did Lara say before Werner gave her the address of Carvier?
After getting the address of Carvier,Lara pushed Werner and said:"Egypt!Werner!..."what did she say next?

Then,in Margot Carvier's Apartment,Carvier said Werner must be terrified,and he felt he was being stalked.
Here "be stalked"means what? Does it mean that Werner felt he was in danger?
Then Lara said,"He could well have been.The Monstrum is running around Paris according to the press." I can't understand these sentences!!
"If he left his notebook,he was spooked." What did Lara mean? Werner was terrified or he had a presentiment of being killed?

And in the Bio Research Facility,a man told Lara Eckhardt could breed the next generation of pure Nephilim.No more abomination to run amok like Boaz's proto-Nephilim.Then Lara said,"Yes, highly inconvenient having abominations running aroud loose isn't it." Here "loose" means what?

I'm sorry to disturb you ,but I really need the answers because I want to translate the lines in AOD into my native language,for many people found it difficult to understand the story because of their poor English.I began my work 15 hours ago,and unfortunately I found I myself was not equal to that job:(

那个时候我说打算翻译AOD的台词,完全是出于惯性和一种自己也不知道哪里来的冲动写下来的,其实直到写那封邮件的时候我并没有这个打算。这句话让我后来变得骑虎难下,因为Chaser很快回复了我,在后来的邮件往来中鼓励我完成翻译。

引用Hello.  I'll do my best to help you translate.   I'll answer each question below...

-------Original Message-------

Date: Saturday, July 19, 2003 10:06:45 PM
To: Chaser
Subject: Help

Hi,Chaser!
I'm sorry to trouble you, but I really need your help.
Well,English is not my native language,so when I play AOD,there are some sentences I can't understand.

First,at the beginning of the game,Werner asked Lara to help him,he said he is looking for five Obscura paintings for Eckhardt,but Eckhardt is what? I can't quite catch the word!help!

>>  Eckhardt is the Bad Man in this game.   He is the " Bad Guy "

Then Lara asked,"Why should I can?"What did Werner say then? And what did Lara say before Werner gave her the address of Carvier?
After getting the address of Carvier,Lara pushed Werner and said:"Egypt!Werner!..."what did she say next?

>>  I'm sorry, but I do not remember this part.   I cannot help you on this one.

Then,in Margot Carvier's Apartment,Carvier said Werner must be terrified,and he felt he was being stalked.
Here "be stalked"means what? Does it mean that Werner felt he was in danger?

>>  Being stalked means that someone is hunting you, following you around, it means someone is looking for you.  And yes, Werner felt he was in danger.

Then Lara said,"He could well have been.The Monstrum is running around Paris according to the press." I can't understand these sentences!!

>>  " He could well have been" is like saying " Maybe"  or " Perhaps"  or " You might be correct"

>>  "The Monstrum is running around Paris according to the press."  means that the Monstrum, who is a man who is a killer,  and the killer is in Paris moving around, traveling within the city.  This is what the press, or newspaper, is reporting in their daily newspapers.   

"If he left his notebook,he was spooked." What did Lara mean? Werner was terrified or he had a presentiment of being killed?

>>  Yes, you are right !!  He was afraid for his life, thinking that the killer ( the Mostrum)  was going to kill him.   So, he left his notebook with the lady to keep it safe.

And in the Bio Research Facility,a man told Lara Eckhardt could breed the next generation of pure Nephilim.No more abomination to run amok like Boaz's proto-Nephilim.Then Lara said,"Yes, highly inconvenient having abominations running aroud loose isn't it." Here "loose" means what?

>>  Loose means free.  It can go about in the city where it wants to.   But really, Lara was making a joke here.   

I'm sorry to disturb you ,but I really need the answers because I want to translate the lines in AOD into my native language,for many people found it difficult to understand the story because of their poor English.I began my work 15 hours ago,and unfortunately I found I myself was not equal to that job:(

You have not disturbed me at all !!    I am very glad and happy to help you.   If you have any more questions, please ask me, I will answer them the best I can.   Good luck !!

Chase

我当然立即表示感谢:

引用Wow,it's so kind of you! Thank you VERY,VERY much!!!:)

而Chaser居然连这封邮件也要回:

引用You are VERY, VERY welcome !!       :-)

我的翻译就此开始。期间可能也与Chaser有过一些交流,由于Chaser每次都会引用我全部的邮件内容,并且一一加以解释,因此我并没有保留我发出的邮件。每一次都是在我发出邮件的第二天就能收到他的回复。我们之间有12个小时的时差。

引用Hello, Shen!!   Glad to help again, never a problem!!  :-)   Answers are below, as we go, just like before.

Date: Monday, July 21, 2003 10:35:54 AM
Subject: I have some more questions

Chaser,
Sorry to trouble you again,but I have some more questions.

Frist, In Parisian Ghetto,Lara talked with a city guide.Lara asked him sth about Monstrum,and he said he didn't know what "it" was.Then he said,"I'd watch my rear on the streets if I didn't know my way around".What dose "watch my rear on the streets" mean?I'm not sure.

>>   That would mean to be careful.  It's just like saying " watch your backside, or watch your back"
>>    But basically, it just means to be careful and alert.

And then,Lara talked to a woman called Janice.She told Lara sth about Pierre,the owner of Cafe Metro.She used the sentences "Makes bad deals that backfire on him....(He runs cafe Metro)...Might be worth a shot",which I can't understand.

>>   "Makes bad deals that backfire on him." means that he is not good at what he does.  Things
>>    go bad for him most of the time.

>>     "Might be worth a shot" means that " it may be worth a try to talk to him.  It might be good to
>>       talk to him, or go to see him." 

Janice also told Lara if a man wanted to lie low he wouldn't be easy to contact,then Lara said,"I'd have guessed as much.Everyone's in hiding".What is the meaning of the sentence "I'd have guessed as much"?

>>  "I'd have guessed as much" means that she agrees.   She thinks the same thing.  She figured
>>    that thought for herself.

When the woman said the Monstrum had got everyone too scared to talk, Lara said,"I'd have thought Bouchard would be geared up for trouble." Here,"gear up" means what?

>>  "geared up"  means  ready for trouble,  prepared for trouble, expecting trouble.

At last,the woman said "Some of us like it that way."
And I don't know the meaning of this sentence.

>>  Well, this might be hard for me to explain and translate for you.    The woman on the street that
>>   Lara was talking to, is a  street walker....  a hooker....  a prostitute.   So, the woman was
>>   making a joke of sorts.   Lara said to the woman that " things were strange, wierd around
>>   there."  Then the woman said to Lara "Some of us  ( meaning prostitutes) like that"... meaning
>>   that some prostitutes like strange, wierd sex.   

>>      Like I said, a strange joke.  It doesn't really mean anything to the game, it's just bad humor.

Thanks a lot!

You are welcome, once again !!   :-)      If you need more help, or I was not clear, just let me know.
Good luck, Shen.

引用Hello, Shen.   I hope all is going well for you!   As usual, I'll answer below....

Date: Saturday, July 26, 2003 11:14:37 AM
Subject: last questions

Hello,Chaser!

Thanks to you, now I am going to finish the translation.Here are the last questions.

First,at the begining of the game,in Von Croy's appartment,there is a conversation without caption.Last time I asked you some quesions about this part,and you said you didn't remember it. Well, just choose "NEW GAME" and then you can watch the movie.
Werner:Help me,Lara. I need you get something for me.
Lara:Go on.
Werner:I'm tracking five Obscura paintings for a
client called Eckardt, but he is a ...(1).
Lara:Why should I can?
Werner:Because ...(2)
Lara:...(3),Werner!
Werner:Wait,look,go and see this woman,Carvier,she can help.
Lara:I won't go.(Or I'm going?Which one?)(4)
      Egypt,Werner,you...(5)
Could you fill the blanks for me?

>>  I'm sorry, Shen.  The game is not on my computer any more.  I uninstalled it, after I finished the game.   I can not watch it now.   Sorry !!

Second,in The Monstrum Crimescene,Lara got the Strahov code from Luddick,the reporter.And I'm not sure the exact meanings of these sentences.

Lara:I can get it from there.

>>  This means that she knows what to do now.  She can take care of things by herself now.

(Luddick:I also got this.It could come in handy.The Strahov is one weird place.)
Lara:A handy machine pistol!Gas punch reloader.
Luddick:No invasion force should be without one.

>>  Luddick is making a joke.  He is calling Lara an invasion force, an army.

(Luddick ask for 800E,but Lara said she didn't take so much money)
Lara:I ought to just take it you runt.Choke on it!

>>  Lara is calling Luddick a runt, a small man.   Choke on it means " Keep it, I hope it does you no good."      ***  THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE LARA DID NOT GO TO THE PAWNSHOP AND GET MONEY BEFORE SHE WENT TO SEE LUDDICK.  GO TO THE PAWNSHOP FIRST!!"

Then,in Sanatorium, Kurtis talked with a truck driver.The driver said, "The Proto!It got free.We got fed to it but it ate the guards when the power shut down." "got fed to it" means what?They are to be eaten by
Proto?

>>  Yes.  There were more than 1 truck driver, but the rest of them were eaten by Proto.  They were food for the beast, Proto.

At last,in Eckhardt's lab,Lara said to Karel, "Too many people have died for me to trust you."
Means what?

>>  Many people have died in the game.  She thinks that Karel is responsible.  She will not trust him because he has proved to be a bad man.

And I can't understand Karel's last words,"So be it!"
>>  This means     As you wish...  or    OK,  that is the way things will be.   

Thank you for the third time!

You are welcome, Shen.   I'm sorry I do not have the game on my computer now, to see the first movie.   Good luck !!    :-)

显而易见,没有Chaser,我绝对无法完成台词的翻译。到现在我都在惊叹,当时居然让我碰上这么一个好人,不是他,肯定没有现在的古墓丽影中文站。2003年7月26日,我最后给他发了一封邮件,绝对是肺腑之言。

引用You've done me a favor! I really appreciate your help!

而Chaser又是很快回复了:

引用You are welcome, Shen !!  I hope your translation does good for people.  :-)

在向Chaser请教的同时,我开始一点点的翻译。当时的想法是翻译以后,把它交给某个古墓丽影的站点,我的任务就完成了,建站是根本没有想过的事情。当时国内古墓丽影网站所剩无几,而我以前曾经体会过一些站长的傲慢态度,早已没有主动联系站长的热情,于是随便申请了一个免费空间,将未加任何修饰的对白放到上面,发到了专题站论坛和新宇论坛。任何一个网站提出转载,我都不会拒绝,接着,我会很快关闭我自己那个破站点。

我同时在这两个论坛和Eidos继续求助,因为Chaser并没有能够帮我把第一段台词补完。当时在Eidos的帖子是

引用The first movie,in Von Croy's appartment,there is a conversation without caption.
Werner:Help me,Lara. I need you get something for me.
Lara:Go on.
Werner:I'm tracking five Obscura paintings for a client called Eckardt, but he is a ...(1).
Lara:Why should I can?
Werner:Because ...(2)
Lara:...(3),Werner!
Werner:Lara,please...look,go and see this woman,Carvier,she can help.
Lara:I'm going.
Egypt,Werner,you walked away left me...
Werner:Get out!!

I'm not from English-speaking country,and I can't catch the words!Is there anyone kind enough to help me fill the blanks?pleeeeeease!!!!!!!

老外的答复总是很快,并指出了我的一个错误

引用1/ Werner- "I'm tracking five Obscura paintings for a client called Eckardt, but he is a psychopath"
Lara- "why should i care"
2/ werner - "because I'm being stalked, people are dying out there"
3/ Lara - "handle it werner"

我就是这样完成对白的翻译的,在这个过程中经Chaser推荐,还得知了Jeff Raid这位超级高手。他的存档让我万分欣喜,这显然也是国内玩家需要的东西。我询问Jeff Raid,能否为他的存档制作中文说明并放到我的站点,他很爽快的答应了。后来写攻略的过程中,他的存档帮了我不少的忙,调出游戏场景还是其次,我还在他的存档中得到了不少攻关启示。

攻略也远远不在我的计划中。由于当时没有一份详细的攻略,国内玩家们一方面抱怨黑暗天使中的E文,另一方面在呼唤详尽攻略,我原本只打算写一点过关要点的提示,因为黑暗天使的总体难度并不大,我觉得并不需要详尽攻略。当时看了一份国外的攻略,觉得挺详细,于是参考这份东西开始写着玩玩。后来发现它越写越简单,搞到后来我索性把它扔开,自己写了。但是偶尔的机会,我看到了美国玩家Stella的攻略,我蹶倒!

于是,在没有任何一个站长表现出对我翻译的对白的兴趣的情况下,我开始进一步制作详尽攻略。在制作攻略的过程中,也开始了与Stella的交流。