Karima Adebibe: the latest Lara Croft

作者 TombCrow, 2006 八月 30, 17:58:56

« 上一篇主题 - 下一篇主题 »

TombCrow

ilovelctr

Karima Adebibe:the latest Lara Croft

Being an adventuring, all-action, super woman is a full-time job, as Karima Adebibe will testify. Taking on the persona of Lara Croft for the latest computer game in the series, Tomb Raider: Legend, has been almost as challenging as if she were slaying enemies and dodging boulders herself!
正如Karima Adebibe所要证明(给大家看)的,做一名爱好冒险、动作达人的女超人是一份全职工作。作为《古墓丽影》系列最新一代《传说》的劳拉形象代言人,(对于Karima来说)是具有挑战性的,这几乎就好像是她自己上阵杀敌、躲避圆形的大石球一样!

Adebibe's training for the role has involved flying helicopters, world archaeology, elocution lessons and even firing semi-automatic weapons. "It has been an amazing experience. I'd come to the end of a day of doing SAS combat training and be really exhausted - physically and mentally - but then get all excited again when I was told I'd be learning how to fire a gun the next day. I just had to dose myself up on vitamin C to keep going!"
Karima的角色训练涵盖了驾驶直升机,世界考古学、演说技巧课程,甚至还有半自动式武器的使用。"这样的经历很有意思。我熬到了一天中最后的特种空勤部队的战斗训练,真地是身心俱疲-但当我被告知第二天我将学习如何开枪的时候,我整个人就又兴奋了起来。我每天都不得不服用维他命C好让自己撑下去!"

Even getting the job was a bit of a slog. "I'd just got back from holiday in Morocco and it was a bit of a down time for me, as every model has from time to time, with not many jobs coming in. I was seriously considering quitting to be honest. Then I saw the call for the Lara Croft audition and decided to go along. It was a one-and-a-half month process, which is really long for a casting, but then at the end they told me I had got it and I couldn't believe it. I was exhausted after all that but it was worth it!"
即使干这活儿也需要一点吃苦耐劳的精神。"我过完摩洛哥的假期回来,那是我的一段待机时间,手头没有太多工作的时候,每个模特儿都时不时地有一点这样的时间。实话告诉你,当时我认真地考虑过退出这一行。可后来我听说了Lara Croft招募形象代言人的试镜,我便决心前去一试。一个半月的进程,对于选秀活动来说实在够漫长的,但当他们最终告诉我我获胜了时,我简直不敢相信。经历了这一切之后,我真是透支了,不过我觉得这都是值得的!"

Before Adebibe slipped into her new uniform and began her rather unique education, she studied at an international school in London, having come to live in the UK from Morocco (she is half Moroccan, quarter Irish and quarter Greek). Then, at the age of 17, she went to the London School of Printing to do a foundation course in fashion theory. "I was always more creative than I was academic. I've been offered modelling jobs since the age of about 12 but my mum would never let me do them because obviously I was too young. Then while I was doing the foundation I was offered more and ended up doing a big campaign for Coca-Cola. I expected the modelling to just be something to do at the weekend but then I was doing so many jobs, covers for girls' magazines and that sort of thing, that I decided to stop doing the fashion course and concentrate on modelling instead."
在Karima穿上她的新制服、开始她颇为独特的培训之前,她是从摩洛哥来到英国,在伦敦的一所国际学院中学习(她有一半的摩洛哥血统、1/4的爱尔兰血统和1/4的希腊血统)。之后,17岁的她前往伦敦印刷学院进修时尚学的基础培训课。"比起学习方面,我的创意总是更强。12岁时,我就得到做模特儿的机会,可我的妈妈从不让我这么干,因为(那时的)我显然太年幼了。后来在我进行基础培训课的时候,我得到了更多这样的机会,而最终为可口可乐做了一回大型的宣传活动。我期待模特儿成为我在周末可做的事情,后来我做了许许多多的工作,比如女性杂志的封面人物以及诸如此类的事情。因此我决定放弃时尚课程,转而投身于模特行。"

===============================================================

先暂时翻到这儿吧~~ :cat:
问个问题:London School of Printing,这个怎么翻?印刷学院? :icon_scratch:
貌似应该和服装有关~~印花? :tongue3:

ilovelctr

Obviously being able to earn some extra cash was attractive to Adebibe, but there was more to it than that. "Even after doing just a few shoots I felt like I was learning so much more about the fashion industry than I was when the tutors were trying to explain things to us in college - it was then that I decided I would start doing it full-time."
显然,对于Karima而言,能挣些外快是很有吸引力的,但是这并非最重要的。"我觉得与在学校里导师同我们讲解知识相比,即使是完成了一些射击训练,我也会觉得我学到了更多有关时尚业的东西-自从那时起,我便决定全职地接下了这份工作。"

The modelling fired one of Adebibe's other passions too. One of her favourite models is the Danish superstar Helena Christensen, and like her she would one day like to try and forge a successful career from behind the camera, as opposed to in front of it. "Photography first started to interest me when I was doing fashion theory and again felt like I wanted to do something more than just sitting in a classroom. I was just taking pictures with my little cameras but then I started collecting them too and I'd be developing them and thinking, 'how does this work?'
模特行也燃起了Karima对于另一方面的热衷。丹麦超级巨星Helena Christensen是她最爱的模特之一,与露面于相机之前恰恰相反,她希望终有一天能像Helena一样,尝试并努力干出一番成功的幕后事业。"当我还在从事于时尚学时,摄影便首先勾起了我的兴趣,再一次,我想要做一些除了坐在教室里头之外的事。(一开始,)我只是用我小相机拍下照片,但后来我开始收集它们并将它们给冲印出来,然后思考,'这是怎么做到的?'"

"During shoots I'd also find myself thinking how I would do things differently, and I do like the idea of doing a photography course one day."
"在射击之余,我也会自行思考我该怎么做些不同的事情,我觉得哪天去学习一下摄影课程就是个不错的主意。"

However, much like Miss Croft, Miss Adebibe has a lot of strings to her bow. "I definitely like the idea of going to LA and doing an acting course while working as a waitress, doing all that thing. I've also just been asked to take part in a campaign against climate change which I'm really excited about, so I've been reading up on that to learn as much as I can. People ask me what I want to do but there are just so many things!"
然而,和克劳馥小姐十分相似,Karima小姐也有好多想做的事情。"我当然很向往到洛杉机走一回,一边做做女招待,一边进修进修演绎课程,就是做做那样的事。我也曾被请去参加我所十分赶兴趣的一个关于抵制气候变化的活动,因而我也尽可能地大量阅读有关这方面的(资料)。别人问我我想做什么,可是实在有太多我想做的事情了!"

In the meantime Adebibe has also been signed up to promote Eidos's special 10th anniversary Tomb Raider game for the Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP), so she'll need to concentrate on her shooting skills and rescuing hapless victims for a while yet. Then she can get back to shooting film, or saving the environment, or the fashion industry...
同时,Karima还签下了合约为Eidos的Sony PSP平台上的《古墓丽影十周年特别纪念版》游戏促进销量,所以短时期内她仍旧得把注意力集中在她的射击技巧上、拯救无助的受害者。然后她就可以参演枪战片、保护环境或者从事时尚行业......

==========================================================

好了~~ :cat:
这肥妞讲话实在别扭。
所以.........我又有问题了~~ :tongue3:
'how does this work?'(Line 4, Para 2)
她在说什么啊? :icon_scratch:
貌似不通。 :dontknow:

TombCrow

多谢小 i 咯~ :blob8:

'how does this work?' 它(相机啥的)是怎么工作的? :icon_scratch:
London School of Printing-不知道诶~~ :dontknow:

ilovelctr